Friday, November 9, 2012

Vintage Rubbermaid Turquoise Laundry Basket

 I found this awesome Rubbermaid turquoise laundry basket this morning at an estate sale for 2 bucks! 
 It's so tiny!
I was so thrilled to spot it.  It was filled with a ton of jar rings that they were trying to sell in the basket.  I went over to the guy and asked if I could buy just the laundry basket.  I swear sometimes at estate sales these folks think I'm crazy.   We settled on 2 bucks and I went on my way thrilled!  I can totally understand how most people do not understand or share my enthusiasm on finding these things, and I am most definitely okay with that!  I think I will be using it in my turquoise/red kitchen for dirty kitchen towels!  :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can you help me date this precise model? (oblong handles around embedded steel ring)

    I was searching the net and got here via google image search.

    Just asking because I have the same (from my defunct mom) and was thinking "geez, they're tough".

    She always as far as i can remember own and used that basket. So its at least from 1965-1960 ...

    ReplyDelete