Monday, March 17, 2014

Estate Sale Stories

 As I said in my last post I had great luck this Saturday at 4 estate sales!  These were the first I had been to since before winter!  Needless to say I was happy to be out on the hunt again. There was an estate sale listed in the paper and the address was in a local shopping complex.  I have seen this before, where instead of having it in the house they move everything into a store front for the day to sell it.  Also, I have seen some crazy things in the paper where it really isn't an estate sale at all, crazy people list things in the paper to try and get traffic for their junk shops!  I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, so I put it half way down my list. I had a few other sales that I thought were going to be better.  I popped in and saw that it was a true estate sale and that the prices were high!!  I of course looked around to see if I could find any deals...no luck until I get to the very back of the store.  I see 5 or 6 huge boxes(30-40ish total) of half gallon and quart BLUE BALL JARS!  There is a price sign on each box with a price for the half gallon, quart, and lids.  I had to do a double take because these prices were so low compared to the ridiculously over priced items that fill the rest of the store.  I got out my phone...started counted and add the price for all the jars.  I got the lady down $9 off the ridiculously low price already marked.  If I used or even understood hash tags or most social media...I feel like I would say #winning! ;-)

This was probably my biggest and best score of the day, but I found so much great stuff.  Vintage clothing, kitchenware, vintage sheets, pillows, and much more!  By the end of the day I was having to shove items into nooks and holes to fit it all into my tiny Nissan Altima.  Oh one day soon I will have a bigger car!

No comments:

Post a Comment