Sunday, March 16, 2014

Update: New Adventures

Just wanted to give a little update on my new business adventures I have been working on!  I have been working hard for the past few months on my new ideas and I feel like my hard work is finally paying off this week!!



I sold my first order of ball jar candles on ETSY!  10 navy and 10 coral candles to a lady for her wedding.  So excited that MY CANDLES are going to be used at someones wedding!

 I also made my first two sales of painted and distressed ball mason jars this week!  Both sold to ladies named Beth and one of them is shipping to Greenville, SC, where I live.  I find both of those things slightly strange. :-) 

 I have also been working on adding as many cute color combinations to MY NEW SHOP as I can think of! (more coming soon!  I am very excited to be working on a RAINBOW SET and NEON COLORS!) I like this navy, coral, and cream combo best of all!  As you can tell my coral paint came in this week and I picked it up from this small local hardware store.  I could definitely tell that they don't get a lot of customers who are young and picking up one can of coral spray paint.  I could also tell that the people running the shop thought I was out of place! Everyone else in the shop was buying some type of tool or farming material in bulk.  I grew up in the country though and went to small hardware stores like that all the time with my grandfather(everyone there always knew him by name) I felt right at home. ;-)  Maybe if I order enough paint from them they will get to know me. 


Lastly.  I am also pleased that I have sold around 15-20 things in my first week of having my booth at THE DOWNTOWN MARKET ASHEVILLE, NC!  I had no idea what to expect from this booth, but it has exceeded my expectations!! I will have to start making weekly trips up the mountain I believe!  Tomorrow will be my second trip!


Well back to paintin' jars and makin' candles! Have a lovely Sunday! 

Ps.  Had amazing luck yesterday at some estate sales!  Pics and stories to come! 'Estate saling' is always an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment